فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا
Surely with difficulty is ease.
*Will the walk remain steep
*it’s a darker night tonight. without a moon.the clouds cover everything. I walk on
*when it becomes darker still I go on my knees, tracing the unfamiliar earth. I crawl along a terrain I don’t revogni
*and now the fog has begun to descend.
*thicker,smoother, darker. am I walking or crawling. I think neither.
*here is the water. I sit by the pond wanting to drink from it. the thirst is cutting the throat.
*can you give me your cup to drink from.
‘I do not carry one.’
Then what do you drink from.
you are washing your hands in the river
* I am at the pond. it’s a river. There is the ocean at the end of it. We will walk to it. You cup your hands and drink from the river.
*I am at the pond. it’s a river. There is the ocean at the end of it. We will walk to it. You cup your hands and drink from the river.
*I start walking behind You. I am thirsty. I don’t know the way to the ocean. I must follow You
* my feet are not taking proper steps.. It’s a crooked walk. I’ll lose Your sight this way. thirsty and unable to walk in Your footsteps
* you worry a lot. You smile at me. with difficulty I look at You. I want to be right behind You. am unable to with these feet.
*is it the feet that bother you?
and my thirst.
* you hand me Your shoes and walk on. I grapple with them. they are not my size.
*can we sit for a while.
the river is full. I want to drink from it. I cup my hands like You. the water runs through my fingers.. Still..
*Thirsty, without a walk under my feet.. I want to give up. You stop. Look at the sky. Master, it’s the darkest night among many…
*…and starless too… I can’t walk well, am thirsty and lost.. You think of yourself more than anything else.. You hand me a bowl. Drink
*streaks of light at the corner of Your lips.. and I the wayward fool with no grace. I am the drunkard who never knows how much is enough
* …the drunkard who lives a life without quenching his thirst but fulfilling his greed…
* he needs not shoes nor feet.. He remains on his knees.. crawling like an insect and worse than a beast
* the ebb and flow of the water never teaches him anything. He is too busy cupping his hands
* and at dawn such a man will have wasted the night and day both
*You smile at my floundering and sit beside me. You fill the bowl with water and give it to me to drink.. and wash my feet at the river..
*..return them to the Ocean.. We all drink each other’s tears to quench our thirst.. nothing is wasted..
*and take my tears in the bowl and return them to the river.
‘you quench your thirst at The River and give it your tears.. It will
*..return them to the Ocean.. We all drink each other’s tears to quench our thirst.. nothing is wasted
* nothing forgotten.. And nothing is unseen..
وَرَفَعْنَا لَكَ ذِكْرَكَ
And exalted for you your esteem