* the knock is harder now. It won’t let me sleep.
*will You leave if I turn and sleep
* Will I sleep if I turn away from this knocking
* there is an echo. I have not heard it before. Is it You.
It’s your own heart.
* will You stay longer tonight? I have questions. will You answer them- you have the answers.
I never leave.
* I drown.
I am lost.
‘You will find.’
I don’t understand.
‘That’s when knowing begins.’
*this is a dark night.
‘light it then, with your own light.’ but I left my candle home. and we have walked far from it. Where are we?
*lets look for a stream. I am thirsty. ‘you are not thirsty yet. satiate your hunger first.’ You hand me bread. I take it from You. It crumbles
* here is the water. You hand me a pitcher. I pour it. It’s dry. I look at You and You smile. Master, I protest. You walk on. I follow
*There is no hunger.no thirst now. Only yearning. We walk all night.
* and we walk till the night turns darker and then the night is darkest. My eyeballs ache. I can’t see You. I hear Your footsteps..
*Your footsteps.. You are leading.. No.. I am leading.. You are behind me.Beside me. In front of me. Inside me.
* two sets of footsteps. One set of footprints.
*I am alone. No, I am carrying you
*the Master on my shoulders.. Nay, I in His heart.
*we have reached the end of this path.where will we go now?
‘Take a step and the path will grow from there.’
* walking. This is our game tonight. Walk and invent. Lead or follow.
*you will walk when…
إِذَا الشَّمْسُ كُوِّرَتْ
When the sun is covered (81:1)
* you will walk when…
وَإِذَا النُّجُومُ انكَدَرَتْ
And when the stars darken(81:2)
*you shall walk when…
وَإِذَا الْبِحَارُ سُجِّرَتْ
And when the seas are set on fire,(81:6)
*and you will walk till…
وَاللَّيْلِ إِذَا عَسْعَسَ
And the night when it departs(81:17)
*??am I mad Master??
وَمَا صَاحِبُكُم بِمَجْنُونٍ
And your companion is not gone mad.(81:22)
*walk till I walk.walk beside me so you don’t stumble,You hold my hand..
وَالصُّبْحِ إِذَا تَنَفَّسَ
*And the morning when it brightens,(81:18)
* Shed the body. Lighten the burdens on your soul. Let it breathe so you can
* I am lonely Master.but you are not alone…
* I long to sit beside You and listen to the ocean.ill listen while You speak. We will sit on a bench
* the bench will be in the ocean. but You are the ocean. Then ill place it near You.
*ill throw it away.we will sit on the grass.
*we will sit till the morning dew drops glaze the glades..
*but your ebb and flow will spill onto the grass and it’ll be wet before dawn..
*the spill will fill the grass and the ground.. it’ll become the ocean
*we will swim to the shore. you and I.
*tired.. I will rest at Your bank till dawn..
at dawn I will sleep.